Our laminate countertops are durable, stylish and more affordable than you think. Laminate products come in a wide variety of colors and designs, allowing you create a look for your kitchen, bath or home office that expresses your individuality. Our laminate tops have square edges but are also available with a laminated beveled edge, wood edge or a solid surface edge to match or complement your cabinetry. Laminate vanity countertops are available in single or double-bowl options.
- Cultured Marble
Transform your bathroom with cultured marble countertops and custom shower surfaces that offer stylish and elegant durability. Cultured marble is a manmade, hand-casted material that resembles the natural beauty of quarried marble. It can be molded into many sizes and shapes, and is available for your bathroom vanity with integral or drop-in bowls made of the same material. Cultured marble is available in many colors, including standard marble colors, solid colors, and onyx or granite colors. Choose from the standard polish finish or a matte finish. Many different edge treatments are also available.
- Solid-Surface Synthetic Countertops
Corian, Gibralter, Meganite, Earthstone and Hi-Macs are synthetic solid-surface products that come in whites, off-whites, solid colors and a tremendous selection of combined colors, some of which are made to mimic the patterns found in stone. Enhancing the look, integral sink bowls made of the same material are available for these tops in various solid colors. These stain-resistant countertops are food-grade approved for commercial kitchens. They are very resilient — minor scratches or cut marks can be easily buffed out. Nonporous synthetic products discourage the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew.
- Quartz or Engineered Stone
Cambria, Caesarstone and Silestone offer the look of stone — but without the maintenance. Manmade, engineered stone combines real quartz crystals with composite material. This means that you get the deep rich colors of stone in a nonporous product, and a nonporous countertop doesn’t stain or require yearly maintenance. Engineered stone resists impacts and scratches, and like synthetic solid-surface material, this product does not support the growth of mold, mildew or bacteria. It is also food-grade approved for commercial kitchens.
If natural beauty is what you like, choose granite. Granite countertops offer a large variety of colors and patterns — from bold variations in the stone’s color to subtle blends of subdued tones. Granite is a heat- and scratch-resistant material that complements any type of cabinetry. Stone is porous and, as such, requires yearly maintenance that consists of sealing the countertop to protect it from stains.
Countertop Options in Illinois, Southern Wisconsin and Northwest Indiana
At Tri-Star Cabinet & Top Co., Inc, our countertops are available in a range of types, colors and designs where you’ll be able to customize the look of your countertops by choosing from edge treatment, overhang and backsplash options. Our sales experts are here to help you choose the countertop that matches your needs and personal style.
You’ll choose from:
Custom Corbels for your Countertop
Choose from many styles of custom corbels used to support countertop overhangs and add the extra splash of style to your new countertop. Our designers will help you find the perfect style for your kitchen.
Give us a call today if you’d like to learn more about your countertop and corbel options – 708-479-2126.
Caring for Your Counters
Keep your countertops looking their best by caring for them properly. Here are some tips:
- Laminate Tops
- Use self-cleaning waxes to provide a protective film on the surface.
- Always use a trivet or insulated hot pad beneath hot objects placed on counters.
- Always clean up staining liquids (e.g., grape or cranberry juice) as soon as possible.
- Never place hot pans on the surface without a hot pad.
- Never cut or hammer anything on the surface of the countertop.
- Never allow water to stand on the countertop surface — it will destroy your top.
- Solid-Surface Tops
- Use soap and water or Windex® to clean your countertop. Do not use Formula 409® or Fantastik®.
- If stained, use an abrasive cleanser and buff with a Scotch-Brite® Pad using a circular motion.
- For minor scratches, sand with a medium (180-grit) sandpaper, then follow with a fine sandpaper, and finally buff with a Scotch-Brite® Pad.
- Always use a heat shield or hot pad.
- Do not expose the surface to harsh chemicals.